Monday, August 26, 2013

Back to School Free Printable: Getting to Know Your Teacher

We are back to school this week. How about you? Every year brings the stress of what class my kids are going to be in and if they are going to be able to thrive in their new classroom. I always hope and pray my kids get teachers that will get to know them, appreciate their strengths, love their quirks, work well with their personalities and take the time to help them learn in their own way so that we can all have a good year. It's a tall order, believe me, I know. Hopefully the things we do throughout the year let them know how much we truly appreciate what they do every single day.
Kohl's has THE cutest set of Curious George cards right now that are perfect for a little note to the teacher. 
This year, I wanted to get to know more about the teachers that my kids will be spending half of their waking hours with. The few minutes you get with them at the back to school night definitely isn't enough time. In hopes of getting to know them better, I decided to make a little questionnaire so that we could find out a few of their favorite things. I also hope it helps us get them things that will be most useful for them rather than generic teacher gifts throughout the year.
We attached the getting to know you questionnaire to a bag full of Kleenex, Lysol wipes and Bandaids and hope to learn a bit more about the things their new teachers love. After all, they are about to get to know my kids really well, we should learn a few things about them too!
Mr. L started 3rd grade and Miss K is chomping at the bit to start 1st grade tomorrow. It is going to be a great year with great teachers! I can just feel it. 

Sharing this free printable here.

No comments:

Post a Comment